Monday, April 18, 2022

Cleaning

Carol here ~

I love looking out my front windows and seeing water!


I snapped this pix the other morning when it was actually calm for a change.  The wind has been howling most of the time.  Dan got our kayaks out and ready for a paddle but haven't used them yet because of the wind.  

We were able to see a few of our turtle friends on our walk the other day.  This was looking down the banking at one of their hangout logs at the end of the pond.  Won't be able to see the logs once the trees leaf out.


I have been doing a deep clean in the quilting loft.  Moved furniture, vacuumed, dusted, moped etc.  Moved all the plastic bins out that are under Lena ~ lots of dust bunnies under there!


Got the windows washed on Mud Pond side but didn't get the ones on Green Pond side done as the wind was blowing too hard.  Again.  Maybe today.


We have been working on some smaller quilts, more nap/lap sized.  I will tell you more about them next week but we have four completed at this point.


I am working on the fifth.  I found fabric that was kitted for a quilt called Yellow Brick Road by Atkinson Designs so figured I would throw it together.  I have the blocks complete, now have to lay it out and start stitching it together.  It goes together pretty fast as it is strip piecing and rotary cutting, nothing fancy.


If you are a new quilter I would highly recommend any pattern by Terry Atkinson.  Her instructions are the best.

I have another fun quilt-y gadget to tell you about that I use when chain piecing.  It is called the BladeSaver Thread Cutter.


It is used for cutting chain pieced fabric units fast and easy.  And best of all it uses old rotary blades.  I have the one that uses the 60mm blades but they also make them that use the 45mm blades.


Click here for more info on them.

The wind has already started blowing this morning, hopefully won't be too bad today as Vanessa, Kailey and Jakob coming over and I'm sure Jakob is wanting to play with his remote controlled speedboat that we got him for his birthday.  

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...