Friday, February 4, 2022

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here, Thursday evening.

I did something different today. I sewed a “zoom sew” with a few of the Men Who Quilt group I belong to. There are men from all over the world that belong to the group, unfortunately only a small group were available today. I quite probably would have been sewing anyway so was fun to sew with different people than just me. I realize I am quite different but that is not what I meant. Supposed to happen every other week, we’ll see what happens in two weeks.

Work continues on my current project. I still have a fair number of flying geese to make, but truth be told I could almost make them in my sleep. (Carol thinks I do)

I tried two different color ways for the sashing strips. 



I went with the dark blue and used the gold as the stars. 



I like how it is progressing. It has even more flying geese than the last top did. I scaled it back one row and that helped a little but not a lot. It will end up that there will be about 1300 geese in this one. I’ll figure out exactly when I get it done. Hopefully in a couple more days.

Then I will be designing my oldest grandson’s graduation quilt. That will probably be what I piece next. He wants bright colors so Carol will probably need to go shopping for the fabric for it. Once I design the top and tell her how much we need to get that is. I have the background, but will need everything else, I think. I may have to work on something else if the fabric takes too long to arrive. I don’t usually go many days without something being sewn or cut up. I still have scraps to “clean” up and take care of. I could work on that I suppose, but it’s not as much fun as creating something new.

The pond is developing some interesting wet spots and apparent holes in the ice. 



I think random walking around out there is over for me for this year. I had a few fun days out there. Kayaking will probably be my next activity on the pond. That won’t be for a few days at least.

Tonight’s weather forecast is for 8-12 inches of snow so I have a good idea what I will be doing tomorrow. If I have to move a lot of snow around I may not need to go for a walk. I got 7 miles of steps relocating the snow after the last storm. I think I will clean up the storm before I go for a walk. This storm is supposed to drop much heavier snow than last time so it could be interesting. It is still raining out now but turning to snow in a while. I’m going to go sew and keep looking out the window to see when it changes over to snow. 

Enjoy your weekend, stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...