Wednesday, February 2, 2022

This and That

Carol here ~

Happy February!

February is my favorite winter month. The days are a bit longer and the sun is starting to get some warmth to it. Yesterday was one of those days, it was gorgeous.



It would have been lovely out on the the pond with snowshoes but don’t think I am quite ready for them yet so got a nice walk in instead.  I love getting out in the fresh air and clearing the cobwebs out of my head.


The snow banks are getting higher and our driveway is getting narrower, more snow predicted on Friday so we’ll see what happens then!

Old County Rd

Memory Lane


I finished up the binding on the CHURNDASH SURPRISE quilt. Here it is draped on the neighbors fence.



Next up is Rona 16 aka FAIRY STARS, so named because the fabric in the sashing strips and the inner border has fairies in it.




I didn’t get the binding on Rona 20 yet as I had a few ho-hum days after my treatment last week. Planning on doing that within the next few days.

Saw this guy the other day out in Oxford village. He wasn’t quite sure where he wanted to go, kept coming out of driveways thinking he wanted to cross the road then would go back and run across the next persons front yard.



He finally ran behind one of the houses.

We are always seeing fox tracks on the pond and on our driveway but don’t actually see the fox too often.

We have been having lots of birds at the feeder during these cold days.  This particular morning there were mostly finch's.  I especially like the different varieties of woodpeckers that come to feed.  



Enjoy your Wednesday ~ get outside for some fresh air but watch out for that pesky little rodent that's suppose so show his face today!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...