Friday, December 17, 2021

Merry Christmas To Me!

Carol here ~

Well, I did it. On Wednesday I completed the 8th cycle of chemo treatment for my Multiple Myeloma. If you are new here you can read my original post here.



Cycle #7 kicked my butt. Big time. I was pretty miserable most of November. A tweak in the dosage of my oral med helped me get through Cycle #8 with only a handful of kick butt days.

The good news is 

I AM IN REMISSION!!! Woooohoooooo!

I still have to continue with maintenance therapy for the rest of my life as there is no cure for Multiple Myeloma. I will be having one chemo injection every other week, will continue with my once a month Zometa infusion (bone strengthening drug) and also continue with my oral chemo med but at a much lower dose.

I’m hoping that I am able to start feeling consistently better, probably not to the point of my past normal as I will still have these drugs in my system but perhaps a new normal that I can deal with. 

Thank you, thank you to all of you for your prayers, positive thoughts, cards, phone calls and visits. I truly appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Statistically, remission is in the 3-5 year range. So, if you would be so kind as to continue with the prayers and positive thoughts for a long remission I would be most grateful.

In the meantime, I will keep on keeping on by enjoying each day as it comes.

Much love to you all!

After treatment walk on Wednesday afternoon.


5 comments:

  1. Amen!! Love you and am so happy for you. 🥰❤😘 Continued prayers 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful news! And yes the thoughts and prayers will keep coming. You have always seemed to be at a positive place in spite all you have been through. Having a wonderful hubby and children and grands sure has helped along the way. Congrats on the start of the remission period and I know you will "kick butt" !! Hugs to you all. sue and chet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good news Carrol! Hope you feel better daily. Let's hope for new and improved therapeutics to push that 5 year window out further.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news for you and just before Christmas. I look forward to your posts for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...