Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here, Tuesday evening. Beautiful chilly day. Walked a little over 6-1/2 miles today staying on the “camp” road. Slippery, so grippers were worn to hopefully not fall down. I didn’t. Good walk. I need to make a little bag to put my grippers in then when I get to the tar road I could take them off and would not be limited to walking on the “camp” road.

So far I have made almost 300 of the 2”x4” flying geese, then I started on 1”x2” geese and the stack of them is growing. 





I’m going to try some 1/2”x1” geese next. 



I’ve made them before but want to make a few to see if what I have in my mind will work and be doable repeatedly. It may not be worth the effort. Sometimes when push comes to shove the voices in my head suggest something that is just too much work for my fingers to accomplish. Hopefully that will not be the case this time.

The block I have come up with would look kinda cool if I can pull it off. Either that or I will get a block made and just like last time, throw it away as being an incredibly ugly block. Worthy of being taken apart, not worthy of being repeated. I will see if I can get a block done.

This is what I think I am headed for. 



I am certainly using up some scraps with this project anyway. I have had several of the bins out using 3 1/2”, 2 1/2” and 5” squares and many 2-1/2”x5” rectangles were cut down to the correct usable sizes. That doesn’t include the 5-1/2” squares I cut while I was “cleaning” up fabric.

After working all evening on trying the block I decided it is easily doable and this is the first block. 



I kinda like it, scrappy, using up pieces, different fits my process of not taking the easy way out. Yup, I think it will work. Haven’t figured out how many blocks I need but look at it this way, I have a whole bunch of flying geese to use up that I’ve already made. I knew I’d think of something. I just needed to listen to the voices in my head. It is only scary when we get to arguing, sometimes they just won’t listen… but often they are right. Go figure.

Enjoy the rest of your week, I know I will.

Remember, where ever you go, there you are, if I’m supposed to meet you there and you get there first, draw a blue line where we planned to meet. If I get there first, I’ll rub it out.

1 comment:

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...