Monday, December 6, 2021

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here, Sunday evening. You probably thought you were getting Carol, sorry, just me. Nice weekend albeit chilly. Had a fire while I cooked out on the grill. Steak, baked potato and cauliflower was on the menu. This was the time lapse picture I took as I was cooking supper. 



Today I really did not want to go on my walk. Once I got started I had a good 5 mile walk before I got back home. Felt good. Brings my walk total to 1965 or 66. As I walk the miles now I think about where I am in my life, so to speak, in relation to the miles. Today I thought about my Aunt Iris who died in an automobile accident when I was ten or so. Also JFK’s assassination occurred during todays walk. This was the first time I really think I was aware of things happening outside of around my family. Next rapidly coming up on when I meet Carol and later get married. I think I meet her tomorrow. We won’t get married until the next day. You see where I’m going with this? I’ll bet you are glad your head doesn’t go where mine does. Seems weird but gives me something to think about as I walk the same route, day after day after day.

The granddaughter’s best friend quilt is completely pieced now. 



I will go back to my scrap series now. I think I see Flying Geese being involved. Remember the Flying Geese leftovers from a couple quilts ago? 



I think they may reappear and like mosquitos in July, they will begin to multiply. I have no idea what else will go with the geese. Hopefully, Carol comes up with something to talk about so I have a little time to dream something up and get started before I need to find something to ramble about. To be honest, we decided that I can usually find something to ramble about even if it doesn’t make any sense, or at least until you think about it. It may still not make sense after you think about it, but you realize you are now invested in trying to find some reason why you are reading this.

Tomorrow is supposed to rain and warm up. Seems chilly and cold is fine until precipitation is forecast then it warms up. Kinda like the weather patterns I moved to Rangeley to get away from over 40 years ago. My own fault I guess, I moved out of the mountains and became a flatlander again.

The pond is trying to freeze over. My fingers are crossed that it freezes well enough that I feel comfortable walking around on it this year. Snowshoeing on the pond gets my steps in via a different format. A change is always nice. That said, I find on my walks that I am not used to the weather yet. I am already wearing almost everything I wore last winter during the middle of the season and am still cold. I know I will get used to it, I always did…. will this be the year I don’t? I sure hope not. I always enjoyed being out in the cold both working and playing. 

After snowblowing the driveway in Rangeley



I’ll take what we get, enjoy your week. Remember, where ever you go, there you are, if I’m supposed to meet you there and you get there first, draw a blue line where we planned to meet. If I get there first, I’ll rub it out.




1 comment:

  1. I think many of us have minds that wander through the past and things that have happened both to us and to life in general! Have a happy day you two! :)

    ReplyDelete

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...