Wednesday, December 8, 2021

A Spa Day for Lena

Carol here ~

Since Dan finished up the piecing on the Hunter Star quilt I figured it was time for me to get Lena Longarm up and running to quilt it. It has been months since she has been used so figured she could use a spa treatment before putting her to work.


I dusted and wiped down her table and rails, cleaned her wheels to make sure there were no threads or lint wrapped around them, took off her face plate to check for lint and give her take up, needle bar and presser bar a bit of oil, removed her needle plate and bobbin case to clean out lint and dust (just a tiny bit of lint can mess with the thread tension), oiled the hook and then unthreaded her and let her run on a low speed for a few minutes to evenly spread the oil.

I also turned her computer on just to make sure everything turned on the way it was suppose to.

Yesterday I got the Hunter Star quilt loaded on her and ready to go. Hopefully will be able to get started this afternoon after we get home from my oncology appointment.



Fingers crossed she’s not too mad at me and has a hissy fit for ignoring her these past months!

I also finished up the Zippy Strippy bag I told you about in my last post.


I have a container of zippers left over from when we had the shop. Wouldn’t you know it ~ not one of them was the color I was looking for. I ended up having to use a navy blue, not bad but would of preferred a better match. Oh well, it came out pretty good.


Happy Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...