Friday, November 12, 2021

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here, Thursday evening. Another nice but chilly day, not bad for November 11. Vanessa and her two kids came today to help rake up this batch of leaves. 





They are falling rapidly now. Driving home from Carol’s appointment on Wednesday there were a few places where it looked like it was raining leaves. They were blowing everywhere, covering the road and filling the air. Looked kinda cool, especially since I knew I did not have to rake them up.

Beach looked good for a while but the pond is covered and they all head our way. Something to do another day.



My walking is on track (I think). I think I need to walk just over 24 miles per week to just squeak in at my goal of 2021 miles for the year. I am currently at 1854 for the year. Would like to pick up the pace so I can finish early. Time will tell.

#20 is coming along slowly but surely. I now have 21 completely finished blocks ( out of 35 needed ). 



I have several more partially completed ones. 



I am trying to get all started blocks completed so that I don’t waste my limited fabric by making unneeded units. Still do not know the fate of whether I have enough of it or not. I suppose I could spend some time with a calculator and try to figure it out. Instead, I am operating on the blind faith of just keep plowing away, it will either work out or it won’t. I still need as many as I can get in order to see how many blocks I may be missing to reach my objective. Who knows, maybe there will be enough. I have faith there will be. You will find out as soon as I do. Well actually a little later, it might not be my turn to blog so you might have to wait a few days to find out. I’ll let you know anyway.

I always used to keep track of my time as I piece a quilt top. I stopped when we closed down the shop. Well I have started again. So far on #20 I have logged 90 hours. That said, #19 had to have taken well over 300 hours. Kinda scary the amount of time I waste, I mean spend, doing this. I gave up trying to decide if I enjoy doing this or if it is just an ingrained habit. I have no idea how to quit or what else to do. Something to think on I guess.

Enjoy your weekend, it looks like the weather could be iffy but I live in Maine and it is fall, so, it is what it is. I’ll happily take it as long as it’s not snow..or rain… or too cold.

Remember, where ever you go, there you are, if I’m supposed to meet you there and you get there first, draw a blue line where we planned to meet. If I get there first, I’ll rub it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...