Monday, November 22, 2021

Dan's Ramblings ~ #20

Dan here, Sunday night, killing time. Our power has been out a while and we have been running off the generator. I had #20 laid out on the floor all ready to put the rows together. I normally do not run the sewing machine when running off the generator. I am afraid of power surges etc. So I have been pinning as much as I can, to be ready when the power does come back on. Then I can sew what I have pinned.

I just heard the generator shut off. I will give it a few minutes to make sure that the power is going to stay on. I was in hopes of getting #20 all together tonight, maybe even getting a start on the border. But alas, I don’t think that will happen. I guess I will go see.

Well I’m back and rather ticked off at myself. I got this much done, one seam to go. 



It is what happens when ideas stay in my head because I write very little down to remind me what the plans are. As I am ready to put the last seam together and get started on the border, I notice a block and am reminded that I made four blocks different than the rest. In four of the blocks made with the 36 patch in the center I built it around a 16 patch in the center. 



I had intended to put these in the four corners. I remember that now, better late than never, I guess. When I laid out the blocks I forgot this. I laid them out in the pattern I decided on that worked with the uneven # of blocks. There are twenty of one type block and fifteen of the other. Remember, I started using the 36 patch in the center because I was running out of the spider web fabric. There is no way I can leave it the way it is. I see some reverse sewing coming up next.

Luckily, I somehow managed to get them in two corners


The two that need to be removed are on an edge so that helps as well. But still a pain where I sat on my wedding day as my mother was known to say. Meaning a pain in the butt. As you can see two are alright, four will need to be extracted and swapped. I will finish another day as it is now bedtime and I have no desire to start the disassembly and relocation process tonight.

So enjoy the start of your week I will try.

Did I mention I am not a fan of taking things apart? I guess none of us are. I could leave it and probably no one would ever notice it. But alas, I would know that it was not what I intended and it would bug me.

So, remember, where ever you go, there you are, if I’m supposed to meet you there and you get there first, draw a blue line where we planned to meet. If I get there first, I’ll rub it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...