Thursday, October 21, 2021

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here Wednesday afternoon, Carol has taken herself to chemo today. I had oral surgery and had a tooth forcefully removed from my mouth. Needless to say she probably felt safer driving herself. The pain is about under control and jaw is swollen and sore. I guess I’ll be sore for a while, I doubt that is what will kill me.

Well, I got the sashing border on my quilt complete and sewn on. 



I am pleased with it, but am concerned as to what to do next. Seeing it laid out on the floor of the studio floor it looks like I could just bind in the blue and call it a quilt top, or more accurately Carol could bind it in the blue and call it quits. I still think that a final border made up of both the greens (more of the lighter one) in some sort of combination of the Flying Geese and the Square2 units would look nice as well. That is what I intended, and have a good start on creating the units. I have some units of both and still have a few of the three inch squares of the original green that started this whole quilt top. Remember I found this bag of green squares and this top grew from there. 


I have several yards of the second green so I can make more Geese and Square2 units and mix them up in a similar sort of pattern like I used around the blocks. 


My question to those reading this, what do you think? We will call leaving it as is and binding in the blue (option Z) and we will call the Flying Geese border option (option W). I agree Z and W are totally random but, think about it, why should A and B get all the publicity. All letters matter. So what I am asking is for you to vote either Z or W.

The beach is slowly getting more leaves on it and as you can see I never got all those I raked picked up.



My raking the other day gave me several rather sore blood vessel ruptures on my shoulders and back. Someone figured I should take it easy for a few days, so I had oral surgery instead. I do try to do what I am told. Though admittedly it does not always work out that way.

So I hope you are all having a better week than I am, but it is only hump day which means that with half the week left a lot more crap can still happen.

So enjoy and I’ll talk at you another day.

Remember, where ever you go, there you are, if I’m supposed to meet you there and you get there first, draw a blue line where we planned to meet. If I get there first, I’ll rub it out.



1 comment:

  1. My first thought was why "guild the lily" but I do like both . Such different effects. The firs pic reminds me of many floors in European Cathedrals.

    ReplyDelete

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ A nice calm Thursday evening out by the fire. Tonight’s view up the pond.  I finally was able to buy the steel that I wanted for ...