Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here, no fire tonight. Just got back from Rangeley. I rode up to watch the grandsons play soccer. They lost but played an exciting game. I thought I was going to freeze though. By the end of the game it was beginning to get dark, which meant no more sun and the wind howled the entire game. I was awful glad I had my heated jacket on. I ran the jacket on high almost the entire game.

Height of Land on way up 



Height of Land on way home.



Had I been 20 minutes earlier the sunset from the Height of Land would have been spectacular. I could see that when I left town.

Saw some pretty foliage on the ride up.



The moon was incredible on the ride home, the way that it would light up the clouds, and keep disappearing behind them.



Making real good headway on the current quilt top, hopefully the body will be done next week for a reveal. Fingers crossed. The present thoughts for the border could take a while though. Colder weather is coming, as was revealed to me this evening. This will mean longer evenings sewing.

I got some painting done on the foundation of the house. Was beginning to question if it would get done this season as it had to be done around the plantings. 


I hope you are enjoying your week, I’m trying to as well. Hopefully it does not rain too much later in the week, we shall see.

Remember, where ever you go, there you are, if I’m supposed to meet you there and you get there first, draw a blue line where we planned to meet. If I get there first, I’ll rub it out.

 

1 comment:

  1. great pictures....looking forward to seeing your new top!! Carol hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...