Friday, September 24, 2021

This and That

Carol here ~

Vanessa came by the other day to pick up the canoe that she and Lucas let us borrow for the summer. We thought it would be easier for me to sit in the canoe instead of the kayak. We used it a few times but not a whole lot.

Dan and Vanessa got the canoe on to the top of Vanessa’s car, got it strapped down and she was good to go.




Dan also got two of the kayaks put away for the winter. The yellow one, which belongs to my cousin Lindy and has been here forever (think it must be an antique by now) and the blue one, which was my mothers. We haven’t put our two away yet as there will probably still be nice enough days when the wind isn’t howling to get a paddle in.


My blood work continues to be good and my myeloma numbers continue to decrease. Getting closer to remission but not quite there yet. I just keep plugging along.....

This is also the time of year for my annual appointments ~ dermatology last week, eyes next week.  

Dermatology is an appointment I always keep.  Growing up here on the pond or should I say IN the pond, we were always in the sun.  Sunscreen was not a thing back then.  I can remember getting sun blisters on my lips from being in the pond all day with the sun beating down on us.  And because I am freckle-y and mole-y I get checked out every year.  So, all set for another year.  

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...