Friday, August 27, 2021

On the Pond

Carol here ~

I managed to get a kayak ride in earlier this week. I counted sixteen turtles as I paddled around the pond. This little guy made me laugh. He jumped off the log he was on when he saw me coming and tried to hide in the hollowed out log under water. He kept poking his head out to see if I was still there ~ probably could of reached my hand in and caught him a couple of times.

Can you see him?



Dan’s flower boxes out front on the retaining wall are still looking good even though they were all blown over and on the beach during a storm a couple of weeks ago.


Last evening after the sun went down and it had cooled off a bit we went for a canoe ride. We were the only ones out on Green Pond, very peaceful. There were a bunch of swimmers on Mud Pond, sounded like they were having a great time.


It was so hot yesterday ~ when I was headed home from my PT appointment my car thermometer read 101 degrees. It was even too hot to sit out front, thank goodness for A/C!

Vanessa and the kids coming over today, last swim time before school starts next week. Erin and the boys were planning on coming too but both boys are playing soccer this fall and one of the practices got changed from this morning to later this afternoon, so not enough time to come down and then get back to Rangeley. 😞

Have a great weekend ~ cooler weather on the way!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...