Friday, July 9, 2021

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here, Thursday evening from the quilt studio. I am busy assembling the parts and pieces needed for the blocks needed to finish the current project “Fairy Stars”.  Many 1”x 2” Split Rect units, 2-1/2" square triangle units, and a whole slew of sashing strips with their ends popped off and replacements added then trimmed. Many steps, many blocks, equals many scraps used in the process. 



Saw this on my walk on the other day


I have no idea what it is. Anyone else know? It was a pretty flower, probably a little smaller than a dime. Plant is about 8”- 12” tall.

No fire tonight, that is why I’m in the studio. Hurricane (if it still is one) Elsa is affecting us with some rain and tomorrow we are supposed to get a lot of rain and wind. Time will tell, I do not like the wind very much. The wind can cause a lot of problems real quick. Hopefully flowers and other plants survive the storm.

The winter’s project of painting a quilt block for over the cover for the septic pump tank is complete. It came out rather well,  now to see how long it lasts. 



I would still like to get a couple more coats of the clear sealer spread over the top. I have only used about 1/4” of the contents of the quart of sealer, I’m sure a couple more coats would help it last a little longer.

Walking was on track with a weekly total of 44 miles. This brings my year up to 1241 miles. The cooler weather made it easier and showed me I will need to get up earlier to walk as the weather becomes more seasonal again.

Carol now has two canoe rides under her belt. Second ride was shorter, easier on her and easier on my shoulders. Hopefully we can salvage some of the weekend weather-wise and get a couple more rides in.

Stay safe and have fun, it is summer. Remember, where ever you go, there you are, if I’m supposed to meet you there and you get there first, draw a blue line where we planned to meet. If I get there first, I’ll rub it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ A nice calm Thursday evening out by the fire. Tonight’s view up the pond.  I finally was able to buy the steel that I wanted for ...