Monday, June 7, 2021

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here. Sunday evening, different fire, same view, different sky. 


Carol had a hard day, bed early. At least it is in her bed. 

Too hot to walk today, I have decided that it was much easier walking when it was cold out. Put on the clothes and just go. When it is hot there is only so much that is coming off in the name of propriety. I guess that is why I put lots of walking miles in the bank during the colder months. Saw this on my walk the other day. It was kinda scary to see. 


Shows the fragility of the seasons and how short they really are.

The area became filled with the sounds of summer as people arrived on both sides of us to use their camps. It is different around the house as shades are adjusted to feel less like living in a gold fish bowl. I think I will grow to appreciate the fragility of the seasons.

I got the wood box full today. Only real problem is that it does not stay that way for very long at all. Just burning mostly pine blowdowns. They burn quickly, especially when split as fine as I split them ~ and when you shovel them into the fire at the rate that I do.


I also got most of the rest of the planting areas planted. 



I still want to get a couple more clay pots with a few more flowers because it really doesn’t take that long to water everything. I like the color and the tending. Let’s just say that there are a great many aspects of my gardens that I miss. I do get to spend a lot of time watering the lawn. Sod laid on stone looks like it will tend to dry out. I already raised the lawnmower a notch and it helped and did not burn as much. Still watering though.

With Carol back in the bed I could get back to sewing, but I haven’t made it yet. Kinda hope I didn’t forget what I was doing. It has happened before. Remember I don’t follow patterns and I don’t usually make a lot of notes telling what I was doing as I did it. I have had to reverse engineer a block or unit to figure out what I did.

I may have to move on to a new project though. Kinda hard for me, I seldom have more than one going at a time. But a problem needs a solution. When we had our HVAC unit put in we wanted a fourth unit installed in the bedroom. Was talked out of it. I guess the addition of a 4th unit changed everything cost wise. We let them talk us out of it. Of course it is the bedroom we want colder and no easy way to get it that way. That was what 4th unit was for.

Hence new project ~ if we can block off the end of the hallway going to the porch then we could better utilize the unit on the porch to cool the bedroom. What is called Yankee Engineering. It used to have another name but political correctness did away with that saying. So I need to make a quilt to fit the hallway and be able to close off the porch and then be able to push the cooler air into the bedroom. May need to spend a few evenings away from the fire and go sew. Oh, I wonder what it will look like? I don’t really know how to do simple so I guess we will have to see what I come up with.

I caught this just before the end of the evening. Volume up and enjoy. 


Hot weather here for a few more days, enjoy, I will. But remember, where ever you go, there you are, if I’m supposed to meet you there and you get there first, draw a blue line where we planned to meet. If I get there first, I’ll rub it out.

1 comment:

  1. Your flowers are always gorgeous Dan!! Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ A nice calm Thursday evening out by the fire. Tonight’s view up the pond.  I finally was able to buy the steel that I wanted for ...