Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here. Coming to you Tuesday night from beside the pond and where you find me most evenings, in front of the fire. 



I have been busy getting plant pots planted at every location where I can find to grow something. 


Pieces of wood to be used to support tomato plants

Still need a few more plants but not many. The trouble with lots of planters is they will need a lot of water. Not as bad as one year in Rangeley where it took about an hour and a half every day to water all the planters. I guess the idea was to downsize.

I went shopping yesterday and now that we all feel a little safer in the stores (yes I still wear my mask) I was in hopes to enjoy the experience more. Not so. I bought some cucumber plants to replace some I must have over fertilized. The bill was $4.53, I gave the young girl a five dollar bill. The cash computer told her I needed 47 cents change. She just stood there and stared at the change in the drawer with a glaze over her eyes. After at least 20 seconds she started to fumble in the different coin compartments and with several starts and stops she gave me my 47 cents. Home improvement store was no better, I went through 5 different employees before I found someone who could help me.

Struggling to get back on track with my walking. 




Between getting Carol to appointments and spring chores there are not enough daylight hours. Well, I suppose there is a few more, I don’t normally use those before 9-9:30 in the morning ~ not a great lover of early mornings. Usually everything is stiff and nothing really wants to function up to par before a cup of coffee or two and just sitting awhile. I suppose it would not kill me to use some of them to go for a walk. But then again it is still pretty chilly early in the mornings. I just had to go get a jacket to put on and even with a roaring fire going I will probably make it an early night. Carol will probably yak at you on Friday so I’ll talk to you next on Monday.

So enjoy yourself, I do and remember, where ever you go, there you are, if I’m supposed to meet you there and you get there first, draw a blue line where we planned to meet. If I get there first, I’ll rub it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...