Monday, May 31, 2021

The Weekend

Carol here ~

Vanessa, Lucas, Kailey and Jakob came for a visit on Saturday. They brought their canoe to leave here for the summer. I’m hoping I am able to get in it soon ~ I am missing my paddles around the pond.




While they were here, Sister Terri came over with her grandson Alex. What a cutie ~ look at those cheeks!


Vanessa was quite smitten with him and was ready to take him home with her!


Yesterday while Dan was on one of his walks I heard a couple of thunks and then heard water running. Uh-oh. I called him and he hotfooted it back to the house. It was the water heater.

Off to Home Depot he goes to get a new one. Of course, nothing is easy. Don’t know what the carpenter was thinking ~ he built a cubbie around the water heater but didn’t leave the opening big enough to get it out. Really? And the new water heater is just a tad bigger than the old one.

After dismantling part of the cubbie and a lot of finagling (and cussing) the new water heater is in. Pretty sure that wasn’t on Dan’s list of things to do yesterday ~ as if he doesn’t have enough on his plate dealing with me!

It’s been pretty quiet around here this weekend. The camps on either side of us usually have people in but no one showed up at either place. Guess the weather scared them away. We certainly need the rain though.

June is a busy month for us, not sure when I will get the OK to drive but hoping it’s sooner rather than later so that Dan doesn’t have to spend a good portion of his days waiting on me. We shall see….

Have a good week!

4 comments:

  1. Hope all goes well and smoothly on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you had family visit this weekend,take good care of yourself and I am real sure Dan is not complaining at all taking care of you!!

    ReplyDelete

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...