Monday, May 24, 2021

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here. All is well here on the pond. 



Thought we were all going to blow away on Sunday. In the morning it was really nice out. Daughter Erin had arrived on Saturday to sit by the fire with me Saturday night, and had gone kayaking after her first walk Sunday morning. Real calm, until later. While I was at the grocery store the wind started to wail. I arrived home from the store to find all the chairs from the front seating area scattered everywhere. Even the four seater 3’ square table with an umbrella in the middle had blown over. My empty pots from planting the window boxes were everywhere. I counted them as I picked them up and think I got them all.

I’ve tried most days to still get at least part of my walk in. Lately the day seems too short for all that is thrust into it. Thankfully, I have several miles saved for just such days so I am still on schedule for my 2021 miles in the year 2021.

I am now starting to see Lady Slippers in more abundance on the sides of the road when I walk. 
Ladyslipper

Very pretty and fun to look for. Found these columbine growing up by the wood pile.


Managed to catch these gems out by the feeder. 

Cardinal

No, the trap was not for the Cardinals, we seldom see the Cardinal here at the house.

As I mentioned, Erin came to visit and stay overnight. We sat out by the fire enjoying the sunset and chatting. 


She slept in one of our design wall Murphy beds. I’m thinking we need to get at least one mattress that is more comfortable than the original choice. While it is a mattress, it is hard as a rock. Were thinking more a bed for grandchildren, but now thinking that better mattresses would be a good choice in case Carol or I need to use the bed. Live and learn.

My sewing has been on hold so no progress is being made on current quilt project. I sew usually at night, but with Carol sleeping in the recliner below me it would create too much noise and be too much light to encourage sleeping.

Hopefully she will be able to sleep in the bed and be out of pain before too long.

We shall see what this week brings us and make the most of it.

Because remember, where ever you go, there you are, if I’m supposed to meet you there and you get there first, draw a blue line where we planned to meet. If I get there first, I’ll rub it out.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...