Friday, April 9, 2021

This and That

Carol here ~

Daughter Erin had an appointment earlier this week in Freeport. I met up with her after her appointment for a walk and talk around town. My hair is a mess ~ can you tell it was windy?



I finished up the quilting on Rona 7

Scrap Quilts

Scrap Quilts


I used the digitized pattern DEEP BLUE SEA by Urban Elementz which really gives the quilt some good texture. On to the binding next.

Rona quilts


We got the kayaks out yesterday ~ YAY! Here I am getting ready for my first paddle of 2021. I have my boots on because I have to get in the water to get into the kayak. The ice has only been out about a week, that water is cold!

Kayak


I was happy to see that a couple of my turtle friends are back already. I have counted over fifteen on this log in the past so I’m sure they will be joined by their buds soon.




Here is a photo of our place with the new retaining wall we had replaced last fall. Doesn’t look like the water will get high enough to reach the wall this year but we are ready for when it does.  Can't wait for the added colors that flower planting time brings but guess that is still more than a month away.


We also got out most of the outside furniture yesterday ~ we are ready for summer, how about you?


Another nice day predicted for today, this is probably where you will find me this afternoon with needle in hand working on a binding.  Ahhhh...

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...