Monday, April 5, 2021

Plan B

Carol here ~

We were suppose to go to our daughter Vanessa’s yesterday for homemade pizza’s in their outside pizza oven and cake to celebrate Vanessa’s birthday (the 7th) and Dan’s birthday (the 17th). Unfortunately, both Kailey and Jakob’s schools have gone to remote for this week because of COVID cases so…..we went with Plan B. We decided to postpone until this coming Sunday. I was so looking forward to seeing them all…..

Kailey & Jakob
Kailey & Jakob

We almost had to go to Plan C. Dan put a pork loin in the crockpot. He decided to wait until 1:00-ish to turn it on. We went for a walk and while we were walking he said he forgot to turn the crockpot on. It was 1:30 at this point. That’s OK said I, I’m doing the short walk today so I will turn it on when I get back. Well, between the driveway and the kitchen I totally spaced it. My back was hurting so I went upstairs to sit in the recliner for a bit then started puttering with Lena Longarm.

I went downstairs to make a cup of tea and HOLY CRAP! I realized I forgot to turn the crockpot on! It was now 3:00. YIKES.

All ended well, we just ate a bit later than we normally do. Sometimes I wonder where my brain has gone to.

Dan got started on the first beach rake of the season. 



The wind usually comes down Green Pond so all the winter debris ends up on the beach.


We have a pretty large beach for this time of year. Usually, by the time the spring rains are through the water is right up to our wall ~ going to have to get a lot of rain to get that high this year!


I loaded Dan’s Rona 7 onto Lena Longarm and started the quilting. I was having a bit of tension trouble and I might have cussed at her a bit until I realized that I was at fault as I had missed a thread guide when I was threading her. Sorry Lena. 😏

Scrap Quilts

I will continue Rona 7's quilting this week plus I really need to work on my Best of the 60's Mystery.  I am so, so far behind.

What's under your needle this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quilts and a Recipe

Carol here ~  I've had a couple good out front patio binding sessions this week. I finished up 2024-3 earlier in the week 2024-3 and 202...