Wednesday, March 17, 2021

This and That

Carol here ~

Top of the mornin to ye!

A couple of weeks ago I popped a lower rib on my left side. A couple visits to the chiropractor, the ice pack and lots of babying it and it was finally feeling better. I even was able to sleep on that side for a couple of nights.

Then, Monday morning my whole lower back went out. I don’t even have a good story for it ~ I wasn’t shoveling, or stacking wood or lifting anything heavy. I was putting my sock on.

How ridiculous.

I was standing on my right leg putting my sock on my left foot and when I went to pull it up ~ WHAM! There goes my back. I was stuck half up and half down. I was at the end of the bed so managed to lay my top half on the bed while trying not to pass out ~ yes, I was seeing stars. IT. HURT. SO. BAD. I finally managed to get my whole body on the bed and slowly get myself straightened out. I then got myself to the recliner with the ice pack and sat there until I could get to the chiropractor. Thankfully, he got me an appointment right away.

It is better. Sitting and standing isn't bad, it's the in between that's a pain. I was able to get most of my walk in yesterday. I am making another visit to the chiro this morning so hoping it will continue to improve.

But now I’m afraid of what will be next as that is two things and these things usually come in threes. ugh.

OK, enough whining.

I managed to get Rona 10 quilted over the weekend. 

Scrap Quilts


I used the computerized edge to edge pattern called MOULIN ROUGE from Urban Elementz. I really like this design, I also used it on the quilt that is on our bed.

Moulin Rouge


I got the binding stitched down on Rona 11 so, I can cross it off the to-do list.

Scrap Quilts

Scrap Quilts


  
That is minus one from the binding list.  BUT, I found another quilt in the cupboard that I had started the binding on but never finished so that is a plus one, which means I still have the same number of bindings to finish on my to-do list.

Happiness Is A Haircut!

On Monday afternoon we (Dan, sister Terri and I) got haircuts!! Heidi the hairdresser came to us and we were all greatly looking forward to her arrival. I guess one of the things this pandemic has taught me is how much I appreciate the little things. Haircuts being one of them.

Me, Sistah Terri, Heidi the Hairdresser
Photo by Dan

Happy St. Patricks Day!

May your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow, and may trouble avoid you wherever you go ~ Irish Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...