Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Squirrely

Dan here ~

Good Morning, the last couple of days have been beautiful ~ warm but not incredibly windy. Really nice walking except that I have no idea what to wear. It’s starts off chilly then by the time I finish I wish I had my shorts on.

For a while as I have traveled on my walk back and forth on what I call the camp road (it’s really Old County Rd.) I have been noticing small round holes in the gravel road bed. 


At first I thought someone was walking with ski poles or a walking stick of some sort. I quickly figured out that was not the case. The holes are the product of the endeavors of the gray squirrels.


They are digging up the acorns that have wintered over in the road and they are harvesting them by the hundreds. Here is one that evidently was not up to snuff as it was left behind. 


I guess there is no need for the cap as they took the acorn and left the cap behind. 


Of course, the fact that there are dozens of the dang squirrels running around helps their cause. On Monday, as I drove out the camp road I saw 14 either red or gray squirrels or chipmunks. I have never attempted to count them as I walked I bet I will count more than 14. I’ll have to try that.

I have started the design and block construction phase for the next quilt top. I guess it’s Rona 15. I found a bunch of fabrics that are a lot brighter than I have been using and thought that it was time for a little change. 


I haven’t figured out everything yet but I see a goodly supply of 4-1/2” Churn Dash blocks involved. 


I’ll keep you posted.

I have reached the point where I have started working on the second coat on my quilt painting project. It’s coming along quite nicely. Hopefully it lasts as long as it has taken to paint it.


Have fun, enjoy the rest of your week.

Remember, where ever you go, there you are, if I’m supposed to meet you there and you get there first, draw a blue line where we planned to meet. If I get there first, I’ll rub it out.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...