Monday, February 1, 2021

Weekend Stitching

Carol here ~

I spent the weekend at a Virtual Stay-treat via Zoom hosted by Michelle Renee Hiatt and Lynn Wheatley. It was so much fun!

This is the second Stay-treat I have attended with Michelle and Lynn. I was able to stitch all weekend from my little corner up in the quilting loft with 17 other quilters from across the country on the computer screen.

We had quilters attending from ~

Nebraska
Minnesota
California
Vermont
Massachusetts
Connecticut
Texas
Tennessee
Illinois
Maine
New Hampshire
Maryland

Quilting

Every morning we all shared our outside temperature. Of course, Maine and Vermont were the coldest!

There were several different projects we could choose to work on. I chose DOGWOOD LANE, a pattern by Michelle.

Quilting

Here we are getting instruction from Michelle.


Quilting


We had several challenges. We had to show ~
  • What was I thinking fabric (ugly fabric)
  • Our “Bernie” mittens
  • A Favorite Mug
  • Oldest and best notion
  • Oldest UFO
  • Favorite slippers and craziest socks

Quilting


Can you tell I’ve been sewing and trimming? And this was after I attempted to get the threads off with the lint brush!

Quilting

Here are the blocks I have completed so far. 

Quilting

 I have a lot more in various stages ready to stitch together.

Quilting


I should be able to get further along tomorrow as it sounds like it's going to be a Snow Day, Sew Day!

Quilting


Stay safe everyone!


2 comments:

  1. Looks ;;ike we could be getting a bit more than you if the map proves correct!! Actually the colors have a 60's feel to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. Stay warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...