Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Snow Day

 Carol here ~

Yesterday was definitely a snow day. We had snow and sleet most of the day. I saw Dick, our neighbor up the pond, out trying to keep his ice skating area clear of snow. He was out there a couple of times, will probably be back out this morning.

Dick


Our plow guy came first thing yesterday morning for his first pass through. Dan cleared snow off the porch roof then got the snow blower out to clean it up. 

Dan


At one point both Dan and sister Terri were snowblowing at the same time. The plow guy was back again at 2:00 this morning for final clean up. Those workers put in some long hours when we have a snow event.

I spent part of the day up in the Quilting Loft working on my Dogwood Lane quilt.

Oopsie, this doesn’t look right. Time for Jack the Ripper!

Quilting

I did manage to complete all 18 of the Dogwood blocks and am now working on the 17 Rangeley Rambler blocks. I have a stack of combination units ready to stitch, should get to them today.

Quilting

Quilt


If you remember, Lena the Longarm’s robotics were not working and we had to send a part to the factory for them to check out. She broke down right before Christmas. The factory shuts down for two weeks over the holiday so I had to wait until the first of the year to send the part back.  I STILL have not heard anything and am getting a bit impatient. I contacted my dealer the first of last week and they reported back to me that it was on the docket to be looked at. I guess I will check back with my dealer again today. Hate to be a pain in the butt but that is an expensive piece of machinery to not be able to use. Well, to be honest, I can still free motion quilt on it, just not able to run the computerized quilting.

Looks like a partly sunny day ahead. Get out and enjoy the new snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...