Friday, February 26, 2021

A Finish

Carol here ~

Ta-Da! I finished piecing my Dogwood Lane quilt. As I mentioned previously, this is a Michelle Hiatt, Sew On The Go pattern.

Quilt


I made a couple of tweaks ~ as you can see in the pattern, the chain is suppose to be two colors, one color on one diagonal, the second color on the opposite diagonal.

When I went to our storage unit of fabric I couldn’t find a second fabric that I liked and did not want to purchase any so decided to have both diagonal chains the same fabric. That meant I also had to change the center four patch unit into a single square so there would be no break in the chain.

Then I thought, why not make the nine-patch units that make the chain just two fabrics, the background fabric and the chain fabric? It looked like this.

Quilt


Nope, didn’t like that ~ too much of the dark blue so I un-tweaked (technical term) back to the pattern instructions. 

Quilt


Yes, that meant some un-sewing happened, all part of the quilting process.

So, here it is, top completed!

Quilt
Dogwood Lane 75" x 95"

Quilt
Dogwood Lane 75" x 95"


It is now in the “to be quilted” pile which should happen within the next few weeks as….

Lena’s part arrived yesterday!!! (finally) We installed it last night. I am planning to load a quilt on her today to make sure all is well, then tackle the “to be quilted” pile. I think she has had a long enough vacation, don’t you?

If you are looking for me this weekend, you’ll know where I’ll be ~ hanging with Lena!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...