Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Walking and Weekend Stitching

Carol here ~

I have always been a walker ~ sometimes more consistent than other times. When we lived in Rangeley, I had walking buds. We walked early in the morning then went for coffee at a local restaurant. (miss you coffee klatch girls!) Dan and I would often walk again after we closed up shop so I had no problem getting my steps in.

When we moved here to the pond I was pretty consistent with my walking until I hurt my back in the fall of 2019. After three months of twice weekly PT I was finally able to walk again. Last January I walked a few times a week for the first of the month, when I started feeling better I walked more.

Today marks one year of walking every day. I am not crazy gung-ho like Dan is but my average for the past year is over 8000 steps per day. I’m good with that. I also know if I walked as many steps as Dan does I would be up all night with achy-breaky legs.

Walking


I am caught up with all the clues for the Best of the 60’s Mystery Quilt. It is a fun project, especially with Michelle’s accurate instructions. I was too lazy to sort through all my fabric so bought a fat quarter pack ~ still not sure on my fabric choices ~ not really my colors, but it is what it is.

Mystery Quilt

This weekend I am attending the Winter Break Virtual Stay-Treat with Michelle R Hiatt and Lynn Wheatley. The Staytreat is held via Zoom from Thursday evening to Sunday afternoon. I will be attending from my little corner up in the quilting loft. Can’t wait.

There were several projects to choose from to work on. I am going to be working on a quilt named DOGWOOD LANE.

Pattern

I decided I wasn’t going to buy any fabric for this one, just try to find what I needed from our storage unit of fabric. I made a small tweak to the pattern. The chains through the quilt are suppose to be two different colors. I couldn’t find two fabrics that I liked so decided to just use one.

I started cutting out yesterday.

Quilt

Then I decided I was going to make one of each of the blocks featured in the quilt just to make sure I liked how it was going to look.

Quilt

What do you think?

The green floral will be the border.

Today I will work on getting the rest of the quilt cut out so I am ready to stitch this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Really like the green floral border. What color is the dark fabric in the checkerboard square?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peggy it is a Hoffman 1895. Looks blackish in the picture but it is really several shades of blue.

      Delete

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...