Friday, January 15, 2021

Rona 9 Complete

Dan here ~

Rona 9 top is complete. For the most part it is the same as Rona 8, at least conceptually. The blocks were created the same way but many of the inner orphan blocks are different, making for a slightly different look.

Quilts
Rona's 8 & 9


Rona 10 is following the starting phase of Rona's 8 & 9, using many orphan blocks framed  first with one of two lights, then the same dark grey as in Rona's 8 & 9. 

Quilts


This grey and the two lights are using longarm backing leftovers from when Carol trims quilts. So technically, I guess I am still just using mostly scraps. To go with these blocks I am using a chain block.

There are a great many blocks (72 framed blocks and 71 chain blocks), these will take me a fair amount of time to fabricate. I’ll keep you posted and maybe show you a few teaser pictures next week.

My walks have been going great in this weird January weather. Lots of banking days (good bank days are days that I get over my 5.55 miles daily needed to achieve my goal of 2021 miles in 2021) Yesterday was Thursday so that means I am another week into the year. After 2 weeks I should be at 78 miles I am at a little over 105 miles. 



Kinda like diets ~ we’ll see how long I stick with it. No, I’m not on a diet, I have heard about them though. 😜

Have a good weekend ~ stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...