Wednesday, December 23, 2020

This and That

Carol here ~

Yesterday was one of those days....busy, busy, busy.  First off I got a big pot of apples on the stove to simmer for applesauce.  Our grands love Mamie's applesauce so want to bring them some when we get together for our abbreviated Christmas.

Also started the ice maker.  We have a countertop ice maker as we don't have one attached to the fridge.  It's pretty much an all day chore to fill the ice container in the freezer.

Once I got those going I headed up to the Quilting Loft.  I finished up the quilt I talked about in Monday's post and got it off the machine.  Then I continued stitching on a topper for granddaughter Kailey's dresser in her room.  

Meanwhile, the apples were simmering and the ice cubes were a-making which meant many trips up and down the stairs to stir the apples and empty the basket in the ice maker.  I had over 3000 steps before we went for our walk!

Here is the quilt from Monday's post after I got it quilted.  It turned out pretty good.

Quilts


Quilt

I wanted to show you the bottom of the quilt.  Remember I talked about the shock cord line and how it helps me keep the quilt nice and square on the frame?  Take a look at this last section and the corner with the ruler on it...

Scrap Quilt

Nice and straight across the bottom and perfectly square on the corners.  I love it when a plan comes together!

Scrap Quilt

When we closed the shop we let the kids come in and pick out some finished product that they liked.  Our granddaughter Kailey picked this quilt for her bed...

quilt

This quilt is called Marrakesh and is a pattern from Studio 180 Design.

Kailey just had a room re-do ~ fresh paint, new desk, shelves etc and needed a new runner for the top of her dresser.  Of course, most of that fabric is long gone EXCEPT I managed to find a piece of the green!  So, I made her this table runner adding a little of the green for the first border.

Quilts



While I was doing all this Dan was installing a shelf with a light hanging from beneath it for over our ironing station.  

Quilts

Yay, I can see again!  

We were not impressed with the electricians during our re-model job.  We said over and over, WE NEED LIGHT and we don't want to add a bunch of lamps with cords running everywhere!  They totally ignored our requests and pretty much did what they wanted. So now we have lamps and cords running everywhere.  GRRR.

Speaking of lighting...

My sister Terri gifted us these awesome LED candles!  

Gift

Gift


They run by battery and have a remote.  

Gift

They come in all shapes and sizes ~ check them out on Amazon.

Today I am making a batch of yeast rolls for grandson Parker.  I use this recipe from King Arthur, Big Batch Quick Dinner Rolls.  They always come out good!

Then I am headed back up to the Quilting Loft ~ still have one more gift to finish up!

Have a great Wednesday....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...