Monday, December 21, 2020

Lena Longarm

Carol here ~

I have been a longarm quilter since 1996.  I have quilted charity quilts, customer quilts, show quilts, shop samples and quilts for family. 

Prior to February of 2018 all my quilting was free motion.  Free motion quilting means I am able to move the machine freely in all directions along the surface of the quilt.  I like to describe it as "using the needle as you would a pencil."  

Here is an example of free motion all over quilting.

Quilt
Free motion Feathers


and free motion custom (fancy pants) quilting

Quilt
Custom quilting

In 2018 I decided to upgrade and purchased an Innova Longarm.  At that point, I knew we would eventually be moving here to Green Pond on the property my grandmother, Lena Cushman, purchased in 1934.  So, I HAD to name my new Innova 'Lena'. 

Family
Lena Cushman 1939

I added the Navigator computerized system to Lena in February of 2019.  I can now program her to stitch out edge to edge computerized pattens across the quilt.

This pattern is called Deep Blue Sea.

Quilt

I have added a video for you so you can see a bit of Lena in action.  Don't laugh too hard, I'm a goober. 😜



I will show you the completed quilt once I finish the quilting.

I am accepting quilts for digitized Edge to Edge quilting.  Hopefully, will get the computer back up and running shortly after the new year.  Click here for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...