Friday, December 18, 2020

Snow Day!

 Carol here ~

We finally got our first substantial snow of the season, somewhere around 10" or so.  The snow amounts varied so much depending on if you were in the band of heavy snowfall.

Here we are on our morning walk..

Snow

It was coming down pretty heavy at that point.  I had about 1/2" of snow piled on top of the visor of my hat when we got back to the house.

I just wish the lakes and pond had frozen over before the snow.  We still had open water yesterday morning.

Snow


We're going to need to get a whole lot of cold weather before I will venture out on the pond with my snowshoes!

Dan got a lot of the hand shoveling done before our plow guy came

Snow

and filled the bird feeders.

snow


Keeping the feeders full is a full time job.  Even the bluejays have figured out how to use the column feeders. The suet feeders usually have a nuthatch or woodpecker on them and sometimes only last 4-5 days.  Several different kinds of woodpeckers though, I like the woodpeckers. No squirrels lately, I don't like them.


Do any of you get cardinals at your feeders?  If so, what are you using for food?  I know we have some around because I have heard them and occasionally see one or two, usually in the summer.  


Plow guy showed up in the late evening.

Snow

Snow


It's a pretty morning here ~ 12 degrees, but no wind!  Bundle up if you're headed out for some fresh air!

See you back here on Monday....


1 comment:

  1. Carol, I had a cardinal on my feeder yesterday eating sunflower seeds. Usually they just ground feed..

    ReplyDelete

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...