Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Happy Fall!

Carol here ~

We are starting to see some color around the area.  Saw these red leaves on my walk the other day.


Also on my walk the other day, I saw a critter streak across the road up ahead of me.  It was low to the ground and brownish in color with a long tail.  I was telling Dan what it looked like and he thought it might of been a Fisher.  I went to the Google for verification and that's what it was.


Saturday morning I was puttering around, Dan had just gone upstairs with his coffee, and I heard a knock at the back door.  It was the tractor guy.  He had brought Dan's tractor back, left it up on the hill, and walked down to tell us it was there.  

Dan was some kind of happy to get it back as his woodbox at the fireplace was getting low.

Getting wood

Beach work was next on his list.



He also got started on getting this tree out of the pond.  It is one of many that went down during the late spring storm in March.


The water was too high to get to it easily in the spring, then when the water started going down he left it because the turtles thought it was a great place to sun themselves, usually at least eight were piled up on it.  

The water is now down so low that the turtles can't climb up on the logs too easily so it's time to get it out of there.  Will probably happen today.

I mentioned before that neighbor Jeff was doing a whole lot of construction at his place.  He has been working inside and out all summer, sometimes with the help of his friend Ben.

On Sunday they painted/stained the outside.  What a difference it makes!



I think he is going to keep the trim white.  

I got quilt #17 loaded on Lena and started the quilting.

2024-17

I thought I was going to finish it up yesterday but Lena was acting a bit persnickety and I didn't have time to tinker with her as I wanted to get my walk in before we headed out to a soccer game.  I'll see what her issue is and hopefully finish up the quilting today.

Rain is in the forecast, we sure need it!

This is the last full week of September ~ how did that happen?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ A nice calm Thursday evening out by the fire. Tonight’s view up the pond.  I finally was able to buy the steel that I wanted for ...