Tuesday, August 20, 2024

The Horseshoe Tourney

Carol here ~ 

Sunday was the 36th Annual Horseshoe Tournament started by my mom, Avis Coolidge, a champion horseshoe pitcher.  Sister Terri has kept the yearly event going since our mom passed.

There were 10 teams, pitching was pretty much all day.  I still don't know how they decide who's out and who continues.  Up the pond neighbor Dick keeps track of everyone on this score sheet.

I'm just going to do a photo dump of the day.  Enjoy!

Picking partners

Picking Partners

Past tournament t-shirts

We donated a quilt for a give-a-way.


It was on and off rainy all day but everyone made the best of it.




Cheering section

A delicious potluck supper (it was really raining then) was enjoyed by all.



The winners were Dick from up the pond and Michael whose family are long time Green Pond-ers.

Dick and Michael

Runners up were cousin Lindy and cousin Clint.

Dick, Lindy, Clint, Michael

Winner of the quilt was second cousin Isaac.

Dan, Me, Isaac

Phew!  What a day!  I hit the wall about 7:00 but managed to stay upright until the winners were announced.  I was inside and in bed before everyone had cleared out.  When I'm tired I'm tired.

It was a good day....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ A nice calm Thursday evening out by the fire. Tonight’s view up the pond.  I finally was able to buy the steel that I wanted for ...