Friday, August 9, 2024

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~

Thursday evening, it’s a bit windy so I’m inside. Quite the roller coaster ride with the weather. First it’s unbearably hot now it’s almost chilly out. Hard to believe where the summer is going. Oh well, I did go swimming once.

I went to pick blueberries today. The picking is still fantastic, almost better than last time. The fields they are picking now are just right. None that are real soft. Good tasting berries. Picked my two big buckets full in about 45 minutes.



Picked about 10 pole beans and added them to the rest for supper. 



I noticed them in my plate, wished I had a whole bunch of them, tasty.

We head off tomorrow for new tires for Carol’s car, then up to Rangeley for the RFA production of Diva. A show they put on every year with the performers pretending to be the different singers as they dress up to sing their songs. I think daughter Erin is singing two songs. Should be a fun time. It will be a long ride home, but it’s not the first time to be going to or coming from Rangeley late in the evening.

In the studio I was right, there are several Lemoyne stars in #19. I decided to do 5” Banded Lemoyne stars as the accent in this one. 



In #18 for 2024 I saw the issue of the incidental chain that was formed by the way I constructed the blocks. This time I wanted the two chains to show but kept everything else scrappy so no alternate chains showed up. I had fun with this one as it is a very happy quilt, with bright happy polka dots. #19 for 2024 took 14 days to create. 

2024-19

 
Very pleased with the outcome.

I designed #20 and chose potential fabrics. There will be different stars and layout this time but still will be created from the polka dots. Only five fabrics this time, we’ll see how I do with that. The proposed quilt looks good in the computer, time will tell if it works with the fabrics chosen. Based on past performance it will be done in about two weeks. Maybe I’m getting faster. We’ll see, that’s right time will tell.

The forecast for Friday and Saturday is not the greatest if your desire is sunshine and warm weather. Chilly and rainy as we get what is left of Debbie. They could keep the rain and any wind that goes with the storms but as usual I was not contacted to see what I wanted.

Enjoy whatever you do get for weather this weekend because we still have to have the weekend. You may as well enjoy it. May well find me in the studio working on #20. Stay safe, have fun, it is summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ A nice calm Thursday evening out by the fire. Tonight’s view up the pond.  I finally was able to buy the steel that I wanted for ...