Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~

From the studio. A little too breezy for a fire tonight. I had a nice one last night. It is a pretty evening anyway. 



I have been doing some planting around the yard. Nothing like the days of old. 

Rangeley garden

Rangeley gardens


Today planting the yard is planting the window boxes that Carol showed you last time and a couple planters. The big planter facing the driveway. 



The new planter to replace the wood one that fell apart by last fall is full and mostly planted. 



Probably about when all is growing great about mid August, a thunderstorm will whip through and blow it all away. You guessed it time will tell. 

The small wood planters look like they will last another year, so I planted them as well. 

I have another metal planter scheduled to arrive on Wednesday. It is shorter and not as deep. More tomatoes are headed for that planter as well. Hopefully Carol will have tomatoes for her salad in a couple months. If any of the cucumbers and tomatoes produce as they should, I might be forced to start eating salads also.

I spotted this after Carol had asked if it was too early. 



A lady slipper, still a little early but close. Speaking of close, it’s almost time to start bringing some of these babies inside. 



They sure do stink up the house nice.

In the studio, quilt #13 is coming along. Same kinda idea as the last one as it is being made from trimmed 2-1/2” finished four patches. I’ve thought of another twist for this one as well. I’m anxious to see what it will look like. I still need to make a few more blocks and I believe Evan is sleeping in my studio tomorrow night. So even if I get the blocks done I’ll probably wait until I get the studio floor back before I lay it out.

So until next time, stay safe and be careful not to over feed the black flies and mosquitoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ A nice calm Thursday evening out by the fire. Tonight’s view up the pond.  I finally was able to buy the steel that I wanted for ...