Friday, December 15, 2023

This and That

Carol here ~

How can it be Friday again already?  The weeks sure fly by.

Dan and I both had dentist appointments yesterday.  I had a crown that needed a minor repair plus the tooth next to it had a crack that needed to be taken care of.  Dan had a couple of minor cavities, didn't even need the novocain.  Sheesh, I guess that's Merry Christmas to us.  Pretty pricey.

Lena and I quilted up a couple of quilts this week. Here is #29.

2023-29


Here is #30, worked on it yesterday while waiting for my novocain to wear off so I could have some lunch.

2023-30

I did finish it but didn't get a picture.  I have been procrastinating on the bindings, might have a plan for the first of the year though.  Will let you know.

I guess Dan figured he needed to clean the dust bunnies out of his sewing machine yesterday as he had it all apart. After 44 quilts made in 2023 I'm sure it needed it!



Vacuumed, oiled and ready for 2024.  

The pond is making ice this morning.  It is moaning and groaning out there, at first I thought it was thunder.  It's kind of a creepy sound but it happens when the ice expands and contracts, sometimes it vibrates the whole house.

Not much on my agenda for the coming week, thinking I better get some gifts wrapped soon.  I always wait until the last minute.  

We have plans to celebrate Christmas next Saturday the 23rd at Vanessa and Lucas'.  Fingers crossed everyone is healthy and we have good traveling weather.

Have a good weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...