Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~

Monday evening, after a very cold wet rainy day. Did not much like it. I do not like the cold, well actually that may not be completely true. More truthfully I don’t like to be cold. I guess I better get used to it rather quickly. I have an idea it will get colder before it warms up again.

Today is Carol and my anniversary. 52 years if you can believe that. We went out to an early supper so I didn’t have to cook. It was good, just way too salty. 

On the way home, well into twilight, I could not believe the number of idiots who did not have their lights on. Twilight is a dangerous time of day to see much anyway, even more so without turning on your lights so others can see you. As we all know there are lot of clueless people that surround us. Watch out for them.

The pond has been so calm of late. The last of the season’s kayak rides have been taken, the kayaks cleaned up and put on racks up in the shed. Sure makes the beach look empty. As soon as the leaves are cleaned up I will pull the swim float in the rest of the way. Then summer will be over. Some of the pictures from the last kayak rides. 





Most of the past weekend was spent on leaf relocation. 






Remove them from the beach and the pond and relocate them up back into the woods. 

I think a great deal of my life is spent relocating things. I relocate snow, I relocate wood I find laying around in the woods and relocate it to a pile, then relocate again to the wood box by the fireplace. I have decided that I need to be happy where things are already located. Then I’d spend less time relocating things. 

 I believe camp fires will soon be a thing of the past. Remember I don’t like to be cold.

Quilt # 35 for 2023 top is complete. I will admit to some major seam ripping on this one.

Carol was not feeling well one night last week so I lowered the Murphy bed and slept upstairs. Unfortunately, I design on the floor. I mixed up a lot of my layout and had an awful time getting it back together. Then I twisted the row with the longest seam and had to remove it and turn it around. I like how it came out even it was frustrating there for a while. 

2023-35


Top is about 57” x 77”.

On to #36, I think that I will be going back to the basic design I was using. Four 5” finished blocks connected somehow to make a larger block and then build from there. It is a method that works quite well for me to use up some blocks I have already made. The hard part is arriving at a sashing that works, then deciding on what to do to make it unique. I am slowly running out of variations. I’m sure I’ll think of something, time will tell.

Stay safe during these crazy times. If you need me, I’ll probably be raking the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...