Friday, September 1, 2023

Upta Bethel

Carol here ~ 

I ended up starting a new Facebook page and am having a hard time remembering all my "friends".  So, if you were on my original page and want to be on my new page, send me a friend request.  So annoying.

Grandson Parker is on the soccer team again this year and they were having a game against Telstar in Bethel yesterday so we planned to attend.

We headed out early to stop at the cemetery where the Coolidge side of the family is laid to rest.  Vanessa and Lucas had stopped by earlier this summer when they were in Bethel for a Freeman family gathering and said that my parents headstone needed some TLC.


It sure did! We brought a soft bristled brush, a jug of water and the grass clippers and proceeded to remove the lichen and clean it up as best as we could.  Still could use more work but looks much better!



We did the same with my grandparents headstone.


And cleaned the grass clippings off from my aunt and uncles.



We then headed for the soccer game, got there early enough to watch the last half of the girls game.  The boys game began at 5:00 so it was getting a bit chilly by the end.


We were sitting up on top of a little hill looking down at the field so it was a bit hard to keep track of everyone but that is Parker that you see in the foreground.

Both teams won their game, a good start for the first game of the season!

It looks like we have a good stretch of sunny weather coming up.  Shhh, don't say it too loud!  We have no plans for the holiday weekend other than enjoying that sunshine.

Hope you are able to also!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...