Monday, June 12, 2023

Finally!

Carol here ~

Well, finally we got a warm and sunny day with NO rain yesterday.  We were able to get out  in the kayaks for a leisurely paddle around the pond.


We weren't the only ones enjoying the sunshine, I think there were eight or so turtles lined up on this log.


But...the pollen!  Yuck.  It is thick.  Dan and I are both having allergy symptoms and taking allergy meds.



I washed all the outdoor furniture yesterday, it will probably be a daily chore until pollen season is over.

I sat out front working on a binding yesterday afternoon while great niece and nephew, Annie and Alex, were swimming.  Brrr, still too cold for me.


Got it finished.  Here is Dan's #18 for 2023.

2023-18

2023-18

I don't think I showed you #16 and # 17 when I finished them so here they are.

2023-17

2023-16

I have two more ready to bind, then I am caught up on the quilts that are quilted and will need to get Lena Longarm running again to quilt the 2-3 that Dan has pieced.

Last week was our granddaughter Kailey's 16th birthday!  She also had an appointment in Auburn to get her braces removed so we met her and Vanessa for lunch.

Here is Kailey minus braces ~ love that girl's smile!


Looks like we are getting another decent day before the rains come again.  Hope you can get out and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ A nice calm Thursday evening out by the fire. Tonight’s view up the pond.  I finally was able to buy the steel that I wanted for ...