Friday, June 16, 2023

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~

Not much going on here at the pond. We sit in anxious anticipation of summer’s arrival. I’m sure we’ve seen wetter springs but this year seems like it never stops raining. At least what we have had for rain has not been damaging like others around so I should be grateful.

Here is a couple of tonights sunsets. 



Where we live sometimes it pays to not raise the camera too high. 



The way the light reflects off the pond is sometimes more spectacular than the sky itself.

Saw this guy sitting on the windowsill inside the house the other day. 



No idea how or why it came inside, but here it sat. After taking it’s picture I carefully removed it to the outdoors so it could continue catching bugs. Speaking of bugs, so far I have removed three ticks from me. Nothing attached, but still they are creepy. Why? I don’t like them.

I saw a swallowtail butterfly come and visit while we were sitting out beside the house this afternoon. It was feasting on the Japanese lilac still in bloom and I’m sure it’s pungent fragrance is what drew it in to feed.




The quilt project continues, nothing to show. Still making the three different sized blocks. The large blocks are complete. I am becoming aware of a probable fabric shortage for the middle sized blocks. Not surprised but it’s frustrating as I now need to adapt. Do I go with a different fabric in about the same color or do I change completely for the last few that are needed. I don’t know the design completely yet so different may work. I sure wish those voices in my head would start sending me some ideas. In honesty, I’m not totally sure what I was thinking when I came up with the number of each block that I thought I needed. Oh well, I’ll figure something out. All I know is this top is taking forever!

The next few days are supposed to be wet so maybe some daytime sewing will happen. Time will tell. Until next time, stay dry, enjoy your weekend. I’ll try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ A nice calm Thursday evening out by the fire. Tonight’s view up the pond.  I finally was able to buy the steel that I wanted for ...