Monday, May 8, 2023

This and That

Carol here ~

Thank you to all of you who responded about my dog incident.  I did call the Animal Control Officer and by the time he got to the dog owners house the dog had been removed.  Evidently the dog belonged to his son, don't know if he lives there or not but the dog is gone.  So now I can rest easy knowing he won't be attacking anyone else.

My arm is healing and the bruising is mostly gone.  However, the incision on my upper back from where I had a cyst removed was looking very angry towards the end of last week.  I was suppose to have the stitches removed tomorrow but called the dermatologist on Thursday so she could check on it.  Ended up removing the stitches as she thought I might be having a reaction to them.  Then glued and taped me up and put me on an antibiotic "just in case" it was infected.  She swabbed it but the results won't be in until today.  If it's not infected I can just stop taking the antibiotics.

We have lost most of our beach with all the rain we had.  It looked like this after the ice went out.


Looks like this now.


When sitting at the island in the kitchen looking out the front windows it feels like we are in a houseboat.

I have been puttering on bindings again with this nice weather.  So nice to be outside enjoying the sunshine!

I finished this one up yesterday.



Quite a bit of activity around the pond this weekend.  A couple of docks went in plus more leaf blowing and chain sawing was heard.  Neighbor Jeff has been out most days doing some work on his camp.  Won't be long now before we are in full summer mode!

I snapped this pic yesterday morning because the pond looked so peaceful.  I didn't know there was a chickadee flying by.  Can you find him?


More sunshine headed our way, hope you are able to get out and enjoy!  


1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the dog is gone and that you are healing from everything! Have a happy Day . We finished concert weekend with two great performances and now for Chet to have a concert with another group in 2 weeks, then our evenings will be completely free until fall when it all starts up again!

    ReplyDelete

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...