Friday, January 20, 2023

Dinner & A Movie

Carol here ~ 

It was actually a movie and an early supper because we went to the matinee showing.  We haven't been to the movies in YEARS!  Who knew they now had heated reclining seats?  Fancy!

We went to see "A Man Called Otto" starring Tom Hanks.  Another amazing performance by Tom Hanks and also his son, Truman Hanks who plays the younger version of Otto.


It is based on the book "A Man Called Ove" by Fredrik Backman, one of my all time favorite reads.  

You can see the official trailer here.  Highly recommend!



Lena Longarm and I quilted up Dan's 1536-Version 3.  We used the pattern HYACINTH from Urban Elementz.  Really like how this one stitches out, gives the quilt really great texture.



Here it is completed with the sun shining on it.


I now have all three of his 1536's quilted with the binding sewed on waiting for me to hand stitch it to the back of the quilt.  I am procrastinating.  Turning the binding used to be one of my favorite parts of the quilt construction but my hands/fingers don't work like they used to so it's more of a chore now.


Sitting out front on the patio under the awning definitely makes it more enjoyable but think that's a few months away.  Oh well.

Looks like it's a snow day today ~ Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...