Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~

Well, we lost power again. We went on generator Friday morning. We got power back Tuesday mid morning. 

We opted to not leave on all the time this time. We would turn on generator for 4-5 hours maybe longer over the dinner hour so I could cook meals. I roasted a chicken on Sunday so it was on for a while. Then I would shut off the generator and either take a nap or listen to my book with the head phones on as Carol read her book. It got old quick as we had no idea when the power would be turned back on. 

We are also at the mercy of the propane delivery outfit. If I keep turning the generator off then I regulate when I run out of propane. It’s a good feeling knowing that there is still some left to warm up the house again while waiting to get more. Were delivery to be counted on I would leave it on most of the time. I can’t sew if the power is off.

The wind blew, there are no words to describe it. There are trees and branches down everywhere. Carol said she saw it raining branches out onto the pond. 



What a mess, many will float onto the beach in the spring, many will sink. I took advantage of the lack of wind and went out and brought many of them to shore where I can deal with them in the spring. 



Be damned if I’m going out with a rake to clean it up any better. I still have more on the driveway coming down the hill to the house. I cleaned it up once. 




Needs to be raked up again and I need to get the branches out of the path going to the new shed. If I can’t get the branches out then I can’t use the snow blower when/if we get snow. The branches will shear the pins on the blower. We’ll see if I find time.

Christmas with family is Thursday, everyone will be going to Vanessa’s house. That meant that as soon as I had power back I needed to get cookie making. 


 
There will probably be more made Wednesday to take with us. Christmas is about the only time I make cookies, don’t really know why. Might need to change that. Cookie making may take precedence over branch picking up.

We made it to the storage unit and I found some fabric that will be my sashing strips etc. to go along with the thirty five 64-patch blocks I made. I have started making geese and popping corners on the fabric that came back from storage. Next time I yak at you there should be something to show you. 

I hope the power situation is behind me for an extended period of time. Otherwise I’ll need to start peddling fabric on the street corner to pay for propane. 

Enjoy the rest of your week. I will if all goes as planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...