Monday, August 8, 2022

August Fun

Carol here ~

Last week we went upta Rangeley to attend the Rangeley Friends of the Arts production of Sweeney Todd.


Everything about it was outstanding! Daughter Erin was the Director and also played role of Mrs Lovett, one of the lead parts.

Here is a newspaper review, written by Tim Straub.

On Saturday, good friend Martha along with her daughter Megan, son-in-law Luke and grands Henry and Sam came for a visit.  

What a day!


The boys (and their dad) had a great time swimming and fishing, barely stopping long enough to eat their lunch.



Martha, Meg and I enjoyed chatting under the awning on the front patio.

Me & Martha

Erin also arrived Saturday afternoon for a couple of days.  Yesterday morning we went to pick blueberries.  On the hottest day of the summer. What were we thinking?  




We were only there less than an hour and got our buckets full.


Dan made Easy Batter Fruit Cobbler with them last night, so good when still warm with vanilla ice cream!


Erin and I played a couple games of cribbage out on the front patio until it got too dark to see.  She beat me both games.  Haven't played it since I played it with my mom the week before she passed.  And she skunked me!

Not much happening this week, I have a couple of appointments but other than that I will be right here.

Have a good one!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ A nice calm Thursday evening out by the fire. Tonight’s view up the pond.  I finally was able to buy the steel that I wanted for ...