Friday, January 7, 2022

Double Trouble

Carol here ~

DOUBLE TROUBLE and ORDER IN CHAOS were the first two scrappy quilts that Dan pieced, probably in late 2018, thus beginning his obsession with scrappy quilts. CHAOS got quilted but DOUBLE TROUBLE never did so this week I got it loaded on Lena Longarm.



Yesterday I got started on the quilting. I am using the digitized pattern Spirals and Bubbles from Wasatch Quilting.



It is pretty dense and the quilt is large, 89 x 100, so it takes about an hour for Lena to make one pass across the quilt.



I am really liking the texture and I think the quilting pattern is a good contrast to all the straight lines in the piecing.





The plan is to continue on the quilting today and tomorrow, then get started on the binding. Will show you again when completely finished.

ORDER IN CHAOS came up on my Facebook memories yesterday. I was working on it in January 2019. I think it was the last custom quilt I did for ourselves as we were working on downsizing and selling our Rangeley properties. Only three years ago? It seems like it should be way longer!



It is a very busy quilt but there is a pattern to it, thus the name. Good luck trying to find the pattern! HA!

CHAOS showcased some of my best machine quitting ~ all freemotion custom quilted with the use of rulers. If I remember correctly it took me about 100 hours (yikes) and has over a hundred circle medallions, all with different quilting inside of them.



Hoping I will be able to get back to custom quilting at some point but as of now it is a no-go.

Well, it looks like today is a snow day, sew day.  Stay safe out there!

1 comment:

  1. Snow day here as well!! I loved seeing this quilt at show and marveled at your creative quilting then and again while looking at it!! sue

    ReplyDelete

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...