Friday, December 10, 2021

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here, Thursday evening. We got our first real snowstorm yesterday. 4-5 inches of fluffy snow. Plow guy came this morning and then I cleaned up what they left. I have an idea that it is going to be a long winter. Kinda wish I could be a bear and hibernate, or at least hide inside where it is warmer. The last couple days walking has been cold. My body is not used to the cold yet, it’s getting there, but not there yet. I can manage to sit inside the house and be cold. Like I said, it’s going to be a long winter. Already walking with grippers on my walking shoes, almost fell a couple times yesterday, so grippers it is. Did I say it’s going to be a long winter.

I have spent the last few days cleaning my way through that bin of fabric I’ve shown you before. 



I have removed a pile of small pieces and cut them into the various sizes that I can use in my scrap quilts. I have added a couple of new sizes to my scrap piles. 5-1/2” and 4-1/2”. These are the sizes needed for the large square in the Flying Geese process using the Wing Clipper Tool. I have a large stack of the 5-1/2” squares I will use these to make 2”x 4” Flying Geese. Don’t know how they will be used yet. I’m thinking after I have made a flock or two I’ll figure something out.

My first set of geese.



My stack of prepared squares gleaned from the bin of scraps.




I will admit I have found quite a few larger pieces that were refolded and placed in a drawer with other large pieces, that helped to reduce the quantity in the bin. I think that I only have two or three bins left in storage.

The pond is trying to freeze over, but it is struggling. It keeps warming enough to melt then it freezes again. Not the ideal process for getting safe solid ice, but it is what it is. I thought the way the snow had blown down the pond created an interesting look this afternoon. 



Carol had good luck with Lena the Longarm and the Hunter Star quilt. I’ll let her tell you about it next week. It’s ready to trim and bind. Fingers crossed Carol feels up to do the binding. No promises, but I think if I had to, I could do it. There is always a first time.

Stay warm and safe, enjoy the weekend and any holiday festivities you may have planned.

Remember, where ever you go, there you are, if I’m supposed to meet you there and you get there first, draw a blue line where we planned to meet. If I get there first, I’ll rub it out.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...