Monday, November 29, 2021

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here, 

Sunday evening. I think it’s Sunday evening, I’m having a hard time driving that into my thick skull. I have a hard enough time keeping track of the days during a normal week. Throw a holiday into the week and I’m all confused.

Beautiful afternoon. 


I had a few leaves on the edge of the pond this morning, not as many as yesterday but I raked up as best I could. I told Carol if she wanted me to get more of them along the edge she needed to start heating up the water on the stove cause the damn things were frozen in place. Mud pond is almost completely froze over. 



Green Pond being larger and deeper freezes later. I hope we get good ice this season. I was not comfortable walking around on the pond last winter. Good ice is cold weather freezing over the pond then thickening the ice with more cold weather.

Last year we froze the pond then got snow, then rain, then refreeze, equalling snowy ice. Not as solid. Again. another weather item I do not get an opportunity to vote on. I could wish for it, but as soon as I say that I can hear my mother saying, “if wishes were horses than beggars would ride.” I always interpreted the saying as meaning, fat chance.

I think I am ready for the snow. I am still playing at an outside project or two and maybe some wood will be cut if the weather participates but overall, nothing that is necessary to complete before winter.

I am well on the way with the Hunter Star quilt I am working on now. It is a two color version. I do not know what the layout will be yet. I will play once I get the two halves of the blocks complete. The Hunter Star is a lot like the Log Cabin, the blocks can be set in a wide variety of variations. I had forgotten how quickly progress flies along as you follow the Rapid Fire Hunter Star process. 



I had also forgotten how many dog ears are set loose during the process. Hopefully I’ll have more to show you next time.

This week is supposed to to OK but cold, I guess it is time. From what daughter Erin said, if we were still in Rangeley I would have had to clear the driveway etc. of snow at least once by now. While I enjoyed it, I can’t say I miss it.

Enjoy your week.

Remember, where ever you go, there you are, if I’m supposed to meet you there and you get there first, draw a blue line where we planned to meet. If I get there first, I’ll rub it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...