Friday, October 8, 2021

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here, Thursday night, no fire. 


Good night for it but just got home from Freeport and another high school soccer game. Boys lost, girls won. Girls won in the final two seconds. Both were good games. After attending several games this season, I’m afraid I must admit something. I really have no idea how the game is played. I get the object is to get the ball into the other teams net and keep them out of yours, but beyond that I have no idea what is going on or what they are blowing the whistle at. Oh well, I guess its good I’m not playing. Still fun to watch the kids play and only a few games left this year.

Nice fire Wednesday night. 


Peaceful and calm. No one was at this end of the pond but Carol and I. Carol was in bed so I enjoyed a quiet evening finishing my book. I usually try to find kindle books that I can listen to as well read, then I can continue “reading” when I go up into the studio to sew. The last several books have been read only. This means that they take longer to get through because there is less time I devote to just reading. So in the studio I listen to tunes. Still beats listening to the voices in my head, I know they aren’t real but they do come up with some weird ideas. At least that is who I blame the dumb ideas on.

Saw this fellow on my walk. 


No matter what I did I could not get in front of him. I tried to but he wouldn’t move out of the way. I felt like I was going to step on him. I don’t see him every day. It seems he only walks on the good days. He must be a wuss.

Carol and I went for a kayak ride Wednesday as well. Nice and calm most of the way around the pond. 



Saw an eagle swoop out of the trees along the side of Carol and fly across the pond to land on a tree on the other side.



Saw it in the tree on the way by. 


I knew better than to wait for it to take off again. I waited one day for hours before giving up. I was not making that mistake again.

Friday is upon us again. I guess this is a holiday weekend. I used to call it Columbus Day. It meant the beginning of a couple very busy weeks as this weekend marked the end of the summer season and time to drain camps. Many would be already drained but this weekend set the time in motion to get them all drained before they froze up. With some years as many as 75 - 100 camps to winterize we would be busy for many days. I can’t really say I miss those days anymore. I miss being busier but not the hustle and the hassle of running a business. So whatever you call this weekend, enjoy it, I will try.

Remember, where ever you go, there you are, if I’m supposed to meet you there and you get there first, draw a blue line where we planned to meet. If I get there first, I’ll rub it out.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ A nice calm Thursday evening out by the fire. Tonight’s view up the pond.  I finally was able to buy the steel that I wanted for ...