Monday, August 23, 2021

This and That

Carol here ~

Vanessa, Kailey and Jakob came over on Friday. We had a lazy afternoon sitting under the awning on the patio. The kids swam and Vanessa even went in for a bit of floating.



Love this girls smile!

Kailey
Photo by Vanessa


Cousin Andrea came by to show us a quilt that has been in her family since it was made in 1890.


What a treat! It is beautiful and still in really good shape. We suggested that she might want to get it appraised and I think she is going to. The quilt is signed with the date so should help the appraiser with his documentation.


We’d also like to know about the back. It has these yarn flower-like ties, they do not go through to the front. There is no batting in the quilt so we couldn’t figure out what their purpose is. Hmmmmm…..anyone have any ideas?


My oncology appointment last week was good ~ my myeloma markers still decreasing and all other blood work normal. Yay! I was dehydrated so had to have an IV with fluids. They adjusted my meds a bit for this week trying to find out what is causing my stomach issues. I *might* be feeling a bit better. Hate to say I am because just because I feel good one day does not mean I do the next. A rollercoaster ride for sure!

Enjoy this last week of August!

1 comment:

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...