Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Another Finish

Carol here ~

During this past weekend I loaded my Dogwood Lane quilt onto Lena Longarm and got it quilted. This time I used the digitized pattern DRAGONFLY DANCE from My Creative Stitches.

Longarm

I’m happy with how it stitched out.






I then spent Monday and Tuesday sewing on the binding. I stitch the binding to the front of the quilt by machine then turn the binding to the back and stitch it down by hand.



Turning the binding used to be my favorite part of the quilt making process. I used to sit in my favorite recliner and use TV time as binding time ~ can’t do that anymore as something in the way my neck is positioned gives me a headache every time. So, I must sit upright at my sewing station. I can also sit in a straight chair outside, usually with a chair in front of me to put the bulk of the quilt in.

I had a helper on Sunday. Great-niece Annie came for a visit. She played buttons and worked on her quilt design.



Our grandkids used to love to play buttons when they visited during shop hours. We would be finding and picking up buttons for days after their visit.

Both of our daughters have now had their first COVID vaccine. We are on a group chat on messenger. This was yesterday’s conversation.

Made me laugh out loud.  Darn phones think they know what we want to say. The funniest part is I can certainly picture Erin “vogue-ing” to get her shot.

Looks like our ice will be going soon, I’m thinking by the weekend. Amazing how fast it breaks up and melts once it get's going.

Ice out

Looking forward to kayaking days ahead!

1 comment:

  1. Your quilt is stunning. Love the longarm dragonfly pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...