Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Lena Longarm

Carol here ~

I finished up the Birds On The Wire wallhanging over the weekend. Not my best work but it will do.

Quilt
Pattern by Michelle R Hiatt

I loaded it on Lena Longarm, then I had to decide what to quilt on it. I knew it would have to be freehand as the computerized part of the machine is out of commission at the moment.

Quilt


It has been almost 2 years since I have quilted a custom quilt! The last one I did was Michelle Hiatt’s quilt MOONLIGHT GARDEN ~ and I quilted the bejeezus out of it!

Quilt


I decided to keep this as simple as possible for two reasons ~ 

#1 I’m not sure what my wrist can handle 
#2 as I said it’s been quite a while since I quilted anything custom.

To start I am stitching in the ditch and filling all the the triangles with simple continuous curves. After I do all that I will go back and do some type of filler in the light background.

Quilt


Here are the tools I am using ~ a straight edge and three curved rulers.

Quilts


I filmed a video if you would like to watch. I started out with my wrist brace on but my ruler kept getting caught on it and was making me stitch crooked. (and when did I get such old lady hands?) You will probably notice when I yank it off! (I have an appointment with the doc today so hoping to be rid of the brace once and for all)


Planning to get it finished up this week ~ will show you the end result when I'm done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...